CORAL is pleased to award a reimbursement of up to $500 to a librarian or paraprofessional seeking continuing education at a conference, workshop, or other training program.
* Applicant’s employing institution must be a CORAL member in good standing.
* Applicant must be a practicing librarian or library staff member.
* Applicant cannot be a current CORAL officer or library director.
* Applicant is ineligible if he or she was awarded travel funds during the previous 3 years.
The professional development activity must occur within the year of the award. Extensions may be requested due to extenuating circumstances. Eligible expenses include tuition, registration fees, lodging at a conference hotel, meals, local mileage, airfare, parking, and ground transportation. Reimbursements will be made according to state rates. Please consult the state reimbursement schedule for guidance.
Applications for the 2019 Professional Development Award will be accepted:
February 18 – March 8 2019. Access application here.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Completeness of the application/directions followed.
- Professional writing (spelling/grammar/wording).
- Explanation of how attending the conference or program will benefit applicant’s career.
- Explanation of how attending the conference or program will benefit CORAL libraries.
Within a month of your event, you agree to submit a Recipient Report using the Recipient Report form summarizing your experience. Your report will be made into a post for the CORAL website to share what you learned from the event with CORAL members. Access the Recipient Report form here.
Questions? Contact the CORAL Executive Board