CORAL is pleased to award a reimbursement of up to $500 to a librarian or paraprofessional seeking continuing education at a conference, workshop, or other training program.
Applications for the 2021 Professional Development Award will be accepted:
March 15 – April 9, 2021. Access application here.
* Your employing institution must be a CORAL member in good standing.
* You must be a practicing librarian or library staff member.
* You cannot be a current CORAL officer or a library director.
* You are ineligible if you were awarded travel funds during the previous 3 years.
The professional development activity must occur within the year of the award. Extensions may be requested due to extenuating circumstances. Eligible expenses include tuition, registration fees, lodging at a conference hotel, meals, local mileage, airfare, parking, and ground transportation. Reimbursements will be made according to state rates. Please consult the state reimbursement schedule for guidance.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Applications are evaluated on the following.
🎯 You need to rack up 10 points.
📝 Details. Complete the application with a keen eye and sharp pencil. (1 point)
🦄 Compelling writing by a Professional -that’s you. (1 point)
📢 Explain the benefits. To who? You. (1-4 points)
🗨️ Explain how you will share your knowledge with your CORAL community. (1-4 points)
📂 Finally, after the PD event, produce one PD portfolio item:
- Shoot a Loom (5 or more minutes but no more than 10 minutes).
- Give a Zoom talk PechaKucha-style (5 or more minutes but no more than 10 minutes).
- Produce a virtual poster 36×24 in PowerPoint.
- Write a detailed 1-2-page Executive Brief. (Single-space y’all)
Within a month of your event, you agree to submit a Recipient Report using the Recipient Report form summarizing your experience. Your report will be made into a post for the CORAL website to share what you learned from the event with CORAL members. Access the Recipient Report form here.
Questions? Contact the CORAL Executive Board